[Tweeters] Lewis County Harlequin Duck

Tim Brennan tsbrennan at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 22 18:44:10 PDT 2018

Hey Tweets,

A biologist from Mount Rainier NP had pointed me in the direction of Skate Creek to look for Harlequin Ducks in Lewis County, and that did turn one up today - a female viewed for ten minutes from 50 feet or so away, preening on a rock, then playing in the rapids. I believe this was 5-10 miles up from Packwood. Sorry for not having a better location, but I didn't check my miles on the way up. Lots of good habitat, anyway, and he said there are quite a few of them likely breeding along that road.

Happy birding,

Tim Brennan

Renton