[Tweeters] Pileated Woodpecker eating huckleberries

noelle c noellesculpt at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 21 14:16:18 PDT 2018

YES, was going to add dogwood - in this case, Red-osier. I had to take a triple-take, watched these similar antics near the Teanaway River. Just seemed so incongruous with the usual comportment of these neat woodworkers...not to mention how uber unwieldy.(They were even occasionally distracted by Snowberry popcorn, of all things...)

Noelle Congdon - Beasts, Bones & Stone Studio
Artist/Naturalist
www.noellecongdon.com

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create but by what we refuse to destroy" - John Sawhill
“The nation behaves well if it treats its natural resources as assets which it must turn over to the next generation increased, and not impaired, in value.” – Theodore Roosevelt