[Tweeters] Black-tailed Gull ? on Kingston ferry

byers345 byers345 at comcast.net
Wed Jun 20 10:07:29 PDT 2018

Hi Tweeters,  As we were crossing  from Edmonds to Kingston this morning, Bill photographed a gull that looked almost identical to the picture in Sibley of a Black-tailed Gull.  The tail was exactly right--a black band.  The wing tips were exactly right--all black.  The only difference  is in the bill.  Instead of black then red, the bill looked more like a California gull's.  I will post a picture later today, but I mention this now in case any of you are in the area.  It was heading  north, maybe up to the Hansville area.
Charlotte  Byers, Edmonds