[Tweeters] Osprey nest building

Bill Anderson billandersonbic at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 19 10:52:27 PDT 2018

Wednesday evening I checked out the osprey nest at the Meadowdale playfields. The playfields were torn up in 2017 for installation of artificial turf and there was no access to the nest.

The mother osprey took off from the nest as I was setting up my photo equipment and returned with a branch. There was recent discussion about osprey building nests this late into the nesting season.  It appears nest building continues even after the eggs have hatched.

My photos can be seen by scrolling down page 11 of this thread:http://www.pnwphotos.com/forum/index.php?threads/wildlife-of-edmonds-wa-2018.16307/page-11
Bill Anderson; Edmonds, WA. USA