[Tweeters] Birding at Paradise, Mt. Rainier N. P.

Bert Bartleson bartlesonfsc at comcast.net
Sun Jul 15 14:10:40 PDT 2018

Hi Dalton,

I went birding at the Paradise area last July 27th. The flowers were
astounding! We hiked up the Skyline Trail until it was covered by snow at
about 6700'. In the snow fields beside the trail we saw two groups of 8
gray crowned rosy-finches [lifer's for me]. In addition, we saw 2 Clark's
nutcrackers at the visitor's center after the hike [one on the roof and one
in the parking lot]. So those are two birds on your list that you might
find there. Arrive early because there are too many people and too little
parking, so the lot gets full.

Bert Bartleson, Olympia