[Tweeters] Birding at Paradise, Mt Rainier

Dalton Spencer offthehookflyshop at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 14 23:21:07 PDT 2018

Hi all,
Kathleen Snyder and I will be birding the Paradise area of Mt. Rainier later in the month as a part of my Western Washington Big Year. I have very little birding knowledge of the park and was curios if anybody in Tweeterdom had experience in the area. I am mainly looking for recommendations on where to look for birds like Clark's Nutcracker, Red Crossbill, Cassins Finch, and if we are lucky enough Ptarmigan and Rosy Finch. We are not opposed to hiking in order to see some birds but I would rather not spend all day on just one trail.
Thanks,
Dalton Spencer Chehalis, Washington
PS if there are any known American Three Toed Woodpecker and/or Black Backed Woodpecker nests to which the location is shareable I would love to know. Obviously I would not go blabbing to others about where the best is due to over harassing the birds.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android