[Tweeters] Brown Pelican, Semiahmoo, Blaine WA

Eric Ellingson abriteway at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 7 18:51:12 PDT 2018

An unusual visitor was seen today at Semiahmoo Spit, a Brown Pelican.

It was hanging out on one of the pilings, then would fly up and choose another nearby.

I last saw one here on the Blaine side of the channel April 28th of 2009!

Thank you Phile C. for bringing this to my attention.

https://flic.kr/p/27PRj1w

[cid:3285b1b7-9cef-4fe8-aeda-213d7f049f8f]Brown Pelican<https://flic.kr/p/27PRj1w>
A rare visitor to the shores of Semiahmoo Spit, Blaine WA. I've only seen one other about 7 years ago here. However, the local captain of the Plover says he usually sees one almost every year. It's been seen here on/off for a few days now. Thank you, Phil C., for calling me about this!

[https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1804/42548329534_daf8b51d7f_b.jpg] <https://www.flickr.com/photos/ericellingson/42548329534/>
[https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1804/42548329534_daf8b51d7f_b.jpg]

Eric Ellingson