[Tweeters] Banded Harlequin

Jeff Kozma jcr_5105 at charter.net
Tue Jul 3 06:41:51 PDT 2018

You can report banded birds here:

Anyone banding wild birds in the U.S. has to have a federal banding permit
and must report their banding efforts to USGS. Anyone that sees or finds a
banded bird can report the information to the USGS using their online form.
This is important because once the banded bird is reported, the bander is
notified of the relocation/sighting and the information on the band return
is recorded by USGS and the bander in order to track the movements of banded
birds. In turn, the person who reports the banded bird gets a certificate
in the mail with information one where and when the bird was originally
banded. It's a win win for everyone.

Jeff Kozma


J c r underscore 5105 at charter dot net

-----Original Message-----
From: Tweeters [mailto:tweeters-bounces at mailman11.u.washington.edu] On
Behalf Of merdave at homenetnw.net
Sent: Monday, July 2, 2018 9:44 PM
To: tweeters at u.washington.edu
Subject: [Tweeters] Banded Harlequin

Subject: Harlequin
From: "R Victor Glick" <libbyvictor at yahoo.com>

----I received this message today. R. Glick lives in Winthrop. Meredith

We found a banded male Harlequin 20 miles north of Winthrop, WA, sitting on
a rock in the Chewuch River with two females. He had a blue band on his
left leg with the letters JP. An aluminum band was on the right leg, with
the first two numbers being 71. Does anyone know of harlequins being banded
in the Pacific Northwest? Thanks, Libby Schreiner

Tweeters mailing list
Tweeters at u.washington.edu

More information about the Tweeters mailing list