[Tweeters] NIsqually NWR 1/24/18

Phil Kelley scrubjay323 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 15:17:34 PST 2018

Tweets,

Today 20 of us braved a threatening day to bird Nisqually NWR. The day
turned out better than expected with the rain holding off until about
12:30. We had a 14.4 high tide at 10:31 AM so we had lots of water in
the reclamation area.

Highlights included the continuing SAW-WHET OWL and a EURASIAN WIGEON,

With the recent rains there was water everywhere on the refuge and
waterfowl were scattered throughout. The EURASIAN WIGEON was out in
the reclamation area with a flock of AMERICAN WIGEON. Also in that
area was a HOODED MERGANSER