[Tweeters] Gyrfalcon - Skagit

Teri Martine terimartine at me.com
Wed Jan 17 18:21:52 PST 2018

Mark's post (below) prompted some in our birding group to rethink the bird we saw yesterday in the same location (late morning). It appears to be the same bird. Thanks Mark : - )
Teri Martine
Seattle

Photo: https://www.flickr.com/photos/151748817@N06/?

Mark's post and photo:
On January 16, at 4:40 pm, Janeanne Houston and I saw a juvenile Gyrfalcon on Best Rd, just south of Route 20. It flew up from the ground to a tree right next to the road. A crazy location, with traffic roaring at high speed in both directions as night fell. The spot does not look to me like a regular perch, being way too close to humans and heavy traffic. Keep an eye out as you travel through the area - this bird may be anywhere. And please be careful out there.

Photo: https://flic.kr/p/JAodPx

Mark Ahlness
mahlness at gmail.com
West Seattle, WA