[Tweeters] Skagit Gyrfalcon - yes, again

Mark Ahlness mahlness at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 20:55:50 PST 2018

On January 16, at 4:40 pm, Janeanne Houston and I saw a juvenile Gyrfalcon
on Best Rd, just south of Route 20. It flew up from the ground to a tree
right next to the road. A crazy location, with traffic roaring at high
speed in both directions as night fell.

The spot does not look to me like a regular perch, being way too close to
humans and heavy traffic. Keep an eye out as you travel through the area -
this bird may be anywhere. And please be careful out there.

Photo: https://flic.kr/p/JAodPx

Mark Ahlness
mahlness at gmail.com
West Seattle, WA