[Tweeters] Vancouver, BC birding day!
birder4184 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 14 19:22:41 PST 2018
Great list - you were with the BEST!!!
On Sunday, January 14, 2018, 7:00:48 PM PST, Joshua Glant <josh.n.glant at gmail.com> wrote:
Today, I had a fantastic day birding around the Lower Mainland in BC with Melissa Hafting, Bridget Spencer and Liron Gertsman. I got lifers, rarities and memories! Highlights included:
- Long-eared Owls perched in the open!
- ABA lifer Summer Tanager visiting the same alleyway feeders as he has since his discovery
- Blue Jay continuing in Richmond, caching peanuts
- Finally Mute Swans I can count as my lifers!
- Gray-crowned Rosy-Finch flock on the waterfront in downtown Vancouver - bizarre to find my long-overdue lifer here feeding on rocks at my feet!
- Northern Goshawk perched up at Maplewood Flats, a lingering sentinel of our short-lived lowland goshawk irruption
- Glaucous Gull first-year at Shoreline Park that luckily flew out of the sense fog towards shore for us!
An assortment of fantastic birds with great friends made today a trip to remember. Here's hoping your January excursions are equally fulfilling!
Good birding, Joshua Glant
Mercer Island, WA
Tweeters mailing list
Tweeters at u.washington.edu
More information about the Tweeters