[Tweeters] Rose-breasted Grosbeak beak issue

Qinglin Ma qinglineric at gmail.com
Tue Jan 2 10:13:11 PST 2018

Hi Tweets,

Yesterday I was fortunate to have an encounter with the Rose-breasted
Grosbeak at Max's yard. The bird came in around 3:00pm for a short visit.
It only fed briefly on the ground not from the feeder. From the photos I
took I noticed that the upper beak seems damaged: the tip is missing. I
hope that this bird survives and finds its way home. See photos:

https://www.flickr.com/gp/qinglinma/0LX6L9

Prior to the arrival of the bird, a crow was eating a dead mole in the
yard. It peaked at it vigorously to try to get meat out of it, but mostly
just furs and some intestines. Next time I probably should call crows
instead of mole control for my yard.

I would like to express my gratitude for the home owner Max who shares this
bird with the community.

Qinglin
Kirkland, WA