[Tweeters] Books 2018

David Hutchinson florafaunabooks at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 30 12:23:56 PST 2018

Seems like more info regarding bird books has been cropping up on the sacred
Tweeters site. So, for what it is worth, here are my personal recommendations for 2018. And Happy New Year! :

Penguins in the Desert - a paperback about penguins by Univ of Washington researchers in southern South America, much enjoyed by my customers.

Dunn & Karlson, Gulls Simplified. Another cheap paperback, but of high quality, with numerous identification color photos, to set you on the right track.

Lack,David & Andrew, Swifts In a Tower. This is a Limey book from long ago, updated and still fascinating. Cheap and beautifully laid out and designed. If you want to understand Swifts, keep this under your pillow.

Cornell Lab of Ornithology, Living Bird, Spring 2018, Vol 37, Issue 2.
Yes, It is a magazine, FULL, of interesting bird articles. One, by Scott Weidensaul is called: The Counter, and Controversial, Need for New-Growth Forests. (Think Discovery
Park). By Scott Weidensaul.

David Hutchinson