[Tweeters] Wahkiakum Co. Lesser Goldfinch, and a goal met at the end of the year

Tom Mansfield birds at t-mansfield.com
Sat Dec 29 19:01:47 PST 2018

YAY - Congratulations Matt! I only wish that I could have seen your "happy dance" for becoming the second person in state history to make that mark. And Wahkiakum was my last county for X200 - it's a wonderful county but a challenge to bird. Such an achievement is not possible without the support, reporting and encouragement of so many birders all over the state and I had that in spades. And you've got to be pretty danged committed to keep the faith - I always swore I'd switch to stamp collecting when the going got tough and boring; yes, it can be boring birding when you have so few ticks to find... The gauntlet is thrown down, who will be next? There are so many young and talented birders these days. What a way to end 2018. Cheers and bravo, Tom Mansfield.