[Tweeters] Pacific Co Bay Center Saturday - CCSP, PAWA, SWSP

Matt Bartels mattxyz at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 29 18:22:16 PST 2018

Hi all-
Today around noon I stopped at the intersection of 101 and Bay Center Dike Rd. in Pacific County. An earlier eBird report from Isaiah Nugent listed a Swamp Sparrow here. That was my original goal. But before I could find the Swamp Sparrow, I came across a Clay-colored Sparrow and a Palm Warbler - the Clay-colored was just south of the intersection along 101, on the west side of 101. The Palm Warbler was right around the intersection. To find Swamp Sparrow, I had to head west a little along Bay Center Dike Rd. to the small blocked road that cuts back east towards 101 along the river. Perhaps two Swamps were present in this area.

Not bad for a short stop.

Matt Bartels
Seattle, WA