[Tweeters] Gig Harbor swans

Martha Jordan mj.cygnus at gmail.com
Sat Dec 29 17:33:48 PST 2018

Yesterday I got a note and a phone call about a juvenile Trumpeter Swan
wandering the road around Crescent Creek area of Gig Harbor. It was clearly
in distress from an injury of some kind. It died a few hours later out on
the water and the body not recovered.This is a highly unusual event and the
bird was alone. From the injuries observed it could not fly so it swam in
from somewhere in the general geographic area.

My question is: has anyone seen TRUS in the Gig Harbor area or that area of
the state this winter? If so, please let me know. I did not see any
reports on eBird.

Thanks very much.

Martha Jordan
Everett, WA