[Tweeters] Cygnets, and Snow Geese

Vicki Biltz vickibiltz at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 18:53:23 PST 2018

Hi, today, as I promised Martha, I checked locations for Trumpeter Swans.
At Maris Farms, on Sumner Buckley Highway, which is in the Buckley
unincorporated area, I located 26 Trumpeters,11 being Cygnets.
To my surprise, there were 13 Snow Geese feeding with the swans. I got
the total count of them, when the owner drove his truck through the area.
30+ Canada Geese, almost 40 mallards, maybe more; took flight at the same
time. The swans couldn’t care less, and weren’t afraid of humans
approaching the fence.
I did drive most of the day going north and south through Enumclaw and
Buckley farmland to no avail.
Lots of great birding habitat however. But, I only stopped for the giant
female Coopers Hawk, since I was looking strictly for Trumpeter Swans. Not
such an easy thing for me to do.
I’ll have to check the Sumner Bonney Lake areas later. It’s amazing how
many roads there actually are, that needed to be checked.
Happy Birding!
Vicki

vickibiltz at gmail.com
http://www.flickr.com/photos/saw-whets_new/