[Tweeters] Skagit Monday Dec 17

Al n Donna alndonna at wamail.net
Mon Dec 17 21:15:36 PST 2018

No Northern Waterthrush. I watched the hidden pond just north of the boat ramp from 9:30-11:30 and from 1:30-2:15 and only found a song sparrow, 5 chickadees, 15 juncos and 50 robins. Thanks to Maxine Reid for verifying that I watched the right place. The cold, stiff breeze didn’t help, although the rain didn’t begin until after I left.

A nice consolation was the gorgeous Rough-Legged Hawk on the wire along the road about 2 miles east of West 90 (only Harriers, Eagles, Brewers Blackbirds and Black-Bellied Plovers).

Great Rough-Legged Hawk picture at:

http://www.pbase.com/alndonna/image/168553732

Al in Tacoma
alndonna at wamail.net