[Tweeters] need help for boat CBC count of Quartermaster Harbor, Vashon Island, Sunday December 30

Ed Swan edswan2 at comcast.net
Fri Dec 14 20:57:34 PST 2018

Hi all, if anyone is interested in joining us on the MV Vashona, a very comfortable boat of Mosquito fleet vintage, we could use the help of someone who would like to bird and take down the numbers as spotters call out species and numbers.  This would be for Sunday the 30th from about 8:30am to 1pm.  You would have to catch the 7:35 ferry from Fauntleroy, the 7:35 ferry from Pt. Defiance or the 7:40 ferry from Southworth.  It would be possible to carpool with me, I’ll be catching the Fauntleroy boat.  I’ll be staying to cover a land based territory in the afternoon where more help is welcome or one could return on an afternoon ferry to the mainland.
 We generally see 45-55 species including three loon, four grebe, three cormorant and several waterfowl, shorebird, alcid, gull and raptor species in the Quartermaster Harbor section of the count.  We’ll definitely see Eared Grebes and probably Black Scoters for those working on their King Co. list.
Ed
 Ed Swan
Nature writer and guide
www.theswancompany.com