[Tweeters] Thoughts on Winter Feeding of Hummingbirds

Rick Taylor taylorrl at outlook.com
Thu Dec 13 22:22:35 PST 2018

All,

Here is some local data on Anna’s Hummingbirds populations from the Edmond’s CBC. The Edmonds CBC has been run annually since 1984. There were NO observations until 1998 when one was observed during count week. In 2017 we counted 249 Anna’s Hummingbirds. Data by year is below:
1998 - 1
1999 - 3
2000 - 6
2001 - 7
2002 - 5
2003 - 17
2004 - 8
2005 - 19
2006 - 49
2007 - 22
2008 - 28
2009 - 31
2010 - 40
2011 - 91
2012 - 77
2013 - 133
2014 - 134
2015 - 167
2016 - 161
2017 - 249

The growth in numbers seems to indicated that they are making it through the winters just fine.

Rick

Rick Taylor
Everett, WA