[Tweeters] Hybridization between Northwestern and American crows

Edwin Lamb edsplace2 at comcast.net
Tue Dec 11 14:41:01 PST 2018

A crow is a crow is a crow----unless it is bigger and makes funny croaking
sounds----then it might be a Raven.

Ed Lamb
Bellevue, WA

-----Original Message-----
From: Tweeters [mailto:tweeters-bounces at mailman11.u.washington.edu] On
Behalf Of Dave Slager
Sent: Tuesday, December 11, 2018 2:06 PM
To: Tweeters
Subject: [Tweeters] Hybridization between Northwestern and American crows

Hi Tweeters,

Some of you might be interested in reading about our recent UW
research on the American Crow / Northwestern Crow hybrid zone, which
is currently in the peer review process.

Short version: Our crows are hybrids!

I posted a summary explanation on Twitter here:
https://twitter.com/dlslager/status/1072353359041085440

For those interested in the nitty gritty, you can read the full
manuscript for free by going to this link and clicking "Download PDF"
<https://www.biorxiv.org/content/early/2018/12/10/491654>.

Happy crow watching,

Dave Slager
Seattle, WA