[Tweeters] Stanwood reminder

Tom Mansfield birds at t-mansfield.com
Fri Dec 7 19:58:42 PST 2018

Tweets - I was up there today in Stanwood and, ironically, a participant in the sad event you memorialize from Brewster (is that my photo?). Today, several of us at Stanwood met the brother of the threatening guy firing his gun; the brother lives with the shooter and thinks, after spending more than a half hour with us in the cold looking for the flycatcher, that his brother is a little more understanding now; admittedly, still a little excitable. The Brewster situation was way different occurring on the Colville Reservation and involving a member of that nation who felt his privileges were different. I think as long as birders are aware that this is an “off the main road” kind of place, there is no parking, people who live there like their “privacy,” and then think about how you would feel with strangers looking into YOUR living space, and – most importantly –are respectful of the locals – all will be well. DO NOT block the road with your cars! Good luck.

Tom Mansfield in Seattle.