[Tweeters] eBird Report - Lake Sammamish State Park, Dec 5, 2018

Sharon Cormier-Aagaard scormieraa001 at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 5 20:02:53 PST 2018

Hi Tweets,

Here's my report of the birds we saw today at the monthly bird walk for Eastside Audubon:

Lake Sammamish State Park, King, Washington, US
Dec 5, 2018 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Protocol: Traveling
3.3 mile(s)
Comments: Sharon and Stan were joined by 17 other birders on December 5, 2018 for Eastside Audubon's monthly bird walk at Lake Sammamish State Park. Weather was sunny, 27-34F, 0-1 mph winds. The species count was 43, 141 for the year. The birds were quiet and we had a surprising lower species count than expected.

HIGHLIGHTS
**we didn't have a repeat from last month's large variety of waterfowl among the 100s of American Coots at Sunset Beach and the boat launch--far less variety this time: 1 Ring-necked Duck, 6 Lesser Scaups, 2 Buffleheads, an American Wigeon, Mallards, a Common Merganser, 4 Pied-billed Grebes, and 6 distant Western Grebes (Redhead, Ruddy Duck and Canvasback were reported here a couple days ago)
**Gulls: Mew, Ring-billed, California, Glacous-winged and WesternXGlaucous Winged. The recent Herring Gull could not be found.
**a single Swan flew from the Sunset Beach area, and we got brief looks as it flew out of the fog to the northwest
**just 2 woodpecker species today: Hairy & Northern Flicker
**other species of note: a Sharp-shined Hawk, an immature Snow Goose with 100s of Cacklers and several Canadas, 27 Killdeer

The next bird walk is JANUARY 7, 2019, 8am to noon. This is a state park and a Discover Pass is required to park here ($35 annual or $10 daily).

Sharon Aagaard
Bellevue WA
scormieraa001 at hotmail.com