[Tweeters] Stan the hawk

Marv Breece marvbreece at q.com
Tue Dec 4 08:12:02 PST 2018

Just gotta share this.

A few years ago, my sister & brother-in-law moved from Bellingham to Maine. Recently they learned of a Great Black Hawk in Portland (Maine) and drove there to see it. They had great looks at the bird. They sent me the following from a local Facebook group.

"Went to Portland cause I heard The Great Black Hawk was there. I totally thought I was going to meet Stan Mikita...the greatest Black Hawk to lace up a pair of hockey skates. Apparently I was wrong and it was just some bird from away. I named him Stan so I could consider the morning a win !"

--
Marv Breece
Tukwila, WA
marvbreece at q.com

"what are the costs to a society of an entire population conditioned to spend so much of their waking lives not in concentration and focus but rather in fragmentary awareness and subject to constant interruption?" - The Attention Merchants by Tim Wu