[Tweeters] Painted Redstart continues at Cape Flattery

Ryan Merrill rjm284 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 08:52:09 PDT 2018

Washington’s first Painted Redstart continues with its Golden-crowned
Kinglet flock this morning at Cape Flattery! Not much was going on at the
picnic tables just short of the overlook so I walked south on the new
trails to the next headland immediately south of the overlook and found a
kinglet flock there. Within a minute the Painted Redstart flew in. In the
next 45 minutes that I watched the bird the flock didn’t move much more
than 50 meters so it seems like this bird could be pretty findable in the
near future, at least as long as the kinglet flock remains there.

Good luck,
Ryan Merrill
Seattle