[Tweeters] Ruddy Turnstones at Alki

Garrett Haynes garrettwhaynes at me.com
Tue Aug 28 17:10:42 PDT 2018

Hello Tweeters,

This morning I woke up early and decided to to go find the Ruddy Turnstones near Alki, hoping they would still be there. I got there at 7:36am and thought it was bad timing because it was high tide and wasn’t sure if they would be out or not, but of course I had to get out and look anyway. I walked the Charles Richey Sr outlook area and didn’t see much except a flock of gulls and crows. I walked further past the light house and up to the end of Alki Beach and not much was going on there either. I headed back and looked up and down the Charles Richey area again on the way back to my car. The flock of gulls and crows were still in the same area and I glassed them just to see if there was something I was missing, but I didn’t see anything. I just thought maybe the birds had moved on already and I was too late to the party. I left sometime between 8am and 8:15am.

To my surprise when I got the eBird report today there was a report this morning at 8:02am for Ruddy Turnstones there with photos to prove it! I apparently am missing something about where these birds are at, so if someone could point me to the right spot I would appreciate it. You can email me at garrettwhaynes at me.com if you have the scoop.

Thanks!

Garrett Haynes

Sent from my iPhone