[Tweeters] Vireos and variations in plumages

amk17 at earthlink.net amk17 at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 24 15:41:04 PDT 2018

Tweeters,

A vireo has been in the yard all day. I spotted it diving between finches into the bird bath. It's throat, breast, belly, sides and vent are quite yellow. Dark contrasting cap or crown and mostly gray head but olive from bill down. Dark wings against green/olive body. Blue legs. It chatted for a very brief moment and only once.

Admittedly, I am a little perplexed. And hope someone can help with an id.

Would appreciate any suggestions or reference materials.

AKopitov
Seattle, WA