[Tweeters] Brown creeper behavior / Caryn / Wedgwood

Caryn Schutzler bluedarner1 at seanet.com
Fri Aug 24 14:45:53 PDT 2018

Hi Birders,

Wondering if any Brown Creeper fans out there (how could one not be?) know what is going on when I see three creepers swirling around the tree (normal creeper behavior, I realize) more than feeding. Is it like a pod of whales, working together to make insects emerge from the bark or is it territorial—adults chasing juveniles off?

I’m fascinated by this bird but some sites leave much info to be desired. They were here regularly prior to nesting then didn’t see them for a while and now they are back. Could they have nested close by? If there are creeper experts out there, would love to know more or where to find more in-depth info on this bird. If so, please contact directly.

Thank you!

Caryn / Wedgwood,