[Tweeters] Death of Young Osprey at UBNA

Glenn Nelson gnbuzz at comcast.net
Wed Aug 15 09:55:26 PDT 2018

Hello Tweets,

I have sad news for those of you who have been following the osprey nest
at the Union Bay Natural Area: The remaining young osprey left the nest
some time early on Tuesday morning. Since it hatched somewhere around
July 4, it may have been a shade too early and could not fly back up. It
remained on the ground until after noon when a volunteer from PAWS came
to the rescue. The plan was to have it checked out, then returned today
(Wednesday). I later received an email that the young osprey had died in
transit. I have been documenting this nest for 3 1/2 months, so this
tragedy has hit me hard. I have observed some outrageous things at UBNA
that I hope, in time, will rile the local conservation family into
action. More on that later. For a photo and more details, I posted this
on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10213937592726957&set=a.1062981127786.10976.1023706723&type=3&theater

Best,
Glenn Nelson,