[Tweeters] Herbivorous American Goldfinch

Christine Southwick clsouth at uw.edu
Wed Aug 15 08:11:24 PDT 2018

Just a fun aside. American Goldfinches (AMGO) are strictly "vegetarian", so if a Brown Cowbird lays one of its eggs in an AMGO nest, when that cowbird egg hatches, that nestling will starve within two-three days.
Talk about an effective solution to parasitic egg laying....

Christine Southwick
N Seattle/Shorelilne
Clsouthwick at q.com