[Tweeters] Montlake Fill Birding
sowersalexander1 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 18:16:13 PDT 2018
Today Louis Kreemer, Connie Sidles, a group of intermediate birders, and I
went on the monthly Montlake Fill survey. Although the plan was to record
all the species observed for the survey count, most of us were trying to
reach seventy species. By the time we past seventy, half the group had left
and the other half was ready to leave as well (accept Louis and I). After
the group left, Louis and I tried to push for eighty but came up short at
Here are some of the highlights:
- Blue-winged Teal (2): The male and female pair continue on Shoveler's and
Boy Scout Pond.
- Green-winged Teal (intergrade, 1): One in the bathtub with a few American
GWTEs, see eBird checklist for photos.
- Solitary Sandpiper (2!): One joined the one seen yesterday (or maybe just
- American Kestrel: Female flew by Kiosk.
- California Scrub-Jay (2): Rare at the fill, two flew into the cottonwood
grove by the Kiosk.
- Cinnamon Teal (4)
- Least Sandpiper (17)
- Vaux's Swift (1)
- Hammond's Flycatcher (1)
- Pacific-slope Flycatcher (1)
- Warbling Vireo (2)
- Black-throated Gray Warbler (1)
- Wilson's Warbler (3)
- Western Tanager (1)
Here's my checklist: https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S45083130
Good Birding, Alex
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Tweeters