[Tweeters] Sandhill Cranes in Eastern WA

Mark Dale para_penguin at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 18 11:30:33 PDT 2018

Walter,

My wife and I were in the Potholes area this past weekend (Apr 14-16), and saw several hundred Sandhill cranes flying overhead, starting from about 6:30 p.m. until twilight. These were seen mainly along Frenchman Hills Road. Also, at dusk, many were feeding in stubble fields west of Dobson Road. Also saw several hundred Snow geese in large flocks.

Other flocks of Sandhill cranes were seen flying north over the Columbia NWR on Monday. The Columbia NWR is wet, greening up, and teeming with birds right now.

Cheers,
Mark