[Tweeters] birding

Marv Breece marvbreece at q.com
Mon Apr 16 09:43:30 PDT 2018

Early yesterday morning (04.15.18) the BREWER'S SPARROW found by Josh Adams on 4.13 was still at the Canyon Park Wetland in Snohomish County. It worked the gravel trail and nearby. A LINCOLN'S SPARROW seemed dominant during an interaction between the two birds. It was a very birdy site. A RED-BREASTED SAPSUCKER drummed on a metal light fixture. A GREATER YELLOWLEGS called repeatedly as it flew to the pond and landed in the water, swimming for a few seconds before departing. A Northwestern Salamander was in the process of crossing the trail.

Later, at Norman & Miller Roads (Snohomish County) were 6 TUNDRA SWANS. I believe I have seen these swans at that location a few times this spring. They were the only swans I saw yesterday.

There are still many SNOW GEESE on Fir Island (Skagit County). Yesterday there were 4 BLUE GEESE, including 2 juveniles, molting into adult plumage. At the Game Range (Wylie Slough) a pair of GREAT BLUE HERONS was constructing a nest.

A beautiful blue-backed taiga MERLIN was perched along Dry Slough Road.

It was a good day.

--
Marv Breece
Tukwila, WA