[Tweeters] BIG new yard bird--Enumclaw Plateau

Aquila Chrysaetos ladyhawk707 at msn.com
Mon Apr 9 21:27:40 PDT 2018

After a 15 month drought, I was resigned to having no more new yard birds, but Kevin Steiner got a spectacular one today. He was packing up to leave for work at about 3:45 pm, when he spotted a snake in the driveway. After moving it to safety, he looked up to see a bird in the distance. He trotted back to the house to give me the "big bird" alert. We grabbed the bins and got back outside in time to see the approach of an AMERICAN WHITE PELICAN on a SE to NW flight path, coming directly over the house and heading on toward Auburn, about 5.5 miles away.
Sandy Daniels, Enumclaw Plateau
Ladyhawk707 AT msn DOT com