[Tweeters] OT-problem with Flicker

Anthony birds at ocbirds.com
Mon Apr 9 15:07:02 PDT 2018

Tweeters

As most of us know, birds can be trained with repetition. A few years ago we bought an air horn on eBay for about $15. It has an air valve so that any bike pump can be used to refill the horn. If I recall correctly it holds about 40 lbs of air pressure (know this in advance as to not overfill - just check with a tire gauge.

We recently had a Northern Flicker drum on our home near the master bathroom window. My wife grabbed the horn the moment we heard the drumming and blasted it a few times near the bath window. The Flicker returned two days later about the same time. Again we repeated the process. That was over a month ago and best we can tell, it doesn’t take to keen to the horn and the issue may be solved.

I hope this helps some of you.

Anthony G.

Camano Island