[Tweeters] 55th Annual Wenas Audubon Campout

ED BROWN lized01 at comcast.net
Sun Apr 8 11:38:17 PDT 2018

Hi all: This year will be the 55th anniversary of the Wenas Audubon Campout, scheduled for Memorial Day weekend, May 26-28, 2018. This is the largest FREE such event in the country, which brings together birders and native-plant lovers in the beautiful Wenas Valley of Washington.

If you haven't attended for years, or have never attended, mark your calendars! I picked up 21 life birds the first time I attended Wenas in 1995, and I think I've missed only one year since. We get a great mix of montane, shrub-steppe, ponderosa forest and riparian habitats in the count zone, and the birds found in each.

If you plan to attend Wenas and are interested in leading a hike or field trip, please reach out to me at lized01 at comcast.net mailto:lized01 at comcast.net . I am putting together the program for trip leaders. You can also check out http://www.wenasaudubon.org.

Look forward to seeing you in Wenas! Best, Liz Brown, Pilchuck Audubon

"Wenas...come for the birds, stay for the people."