[Tweeters] Potholes Northern Harrier

Carol Riddell cariddellwa at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 17:39:11 PDT 2017

I was at Lind Coulee yesterday, on the southeastern end of the Potholes Reservoir, Grant County. I observed a mostly white Northern Harrier. Two distant photos are in this eBird checklist:

http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S40117441 <http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S40117441>

I looked at the data in the eBird public hotspot for Lind Coulee and could find no mention of this unusual harrier. This is the first time I have seen a harrier with such extensive leucistic plumage. I would be interested to hear if anyone else has seen this bird. It really stands out.

Carol Riddell
Edmonds, WA