[Tweeters] Re: White-throated Sparrow, Semiahmoo, Blaine

Barry Ulman ubarry at qwest.net
Fri Oct 20 12:01:59 PDT 2017

I would say the sparrow is a juvenile White-throated Sparrow. It has a white throat and a yellow spot in front of the eye. Adult White-throated Sparrows would have clear breasts; the streaks indicate a first-year bird. Nice sighting.

As for the geese: there is a possibility that they could be Canada X White-fronted Goose hybrids, but I suspect that they are feral barnyard geese.

Barry Ulman