[Tweeters] Snow Geese flock in Ferndale field and a single in Birch Bay

Eric Ellingson abriteway at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 16 18:03:31 PDT 2017

A small flock of Snow Geese, only 10 of 50 were adults showed up in Ferndale corn fields today. I'd been seeing hundreds flying over the past week or so. My first local sighting recently of landed geese this season.

A real surprise was finding one in Birch Bay along the shoreline eating sea grass like a Brandt would. I don't recall seeing one do this before. Anyone know if this is common elsewhere. I usually see them if muddy fields. https://flic.kr/p/ZvmGva

Photos of the colorful juvenile Snow Geese also, a bit down the photostream link. Photo was taken from my car window ... raining a bit much.

[X]Snow Goose<https://flic.kr/p/ZvmGva>
a lone Snow Goose among dozens of Canada Geese and hundreds of ducks and scoters eating at the shoreline of Birch Bay, WA

[https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4507/37744552651_10d2418032_b.jpg] <https://www.flickr.com/photos/ericellingson/37744552651/>
[https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4507/37744552651_10d2418032_b.jpg]

Eric Ellingson