[Tweeters] Snow Geese over South Whidbey

Tom Leschine tml at uw.edu
Wed Oct 11 14:23:58 PDT 2017

Interesting to see so many reports on snow geese overflights from yesterday, 10/10. I was out and about on South Whidbey mid-morning yesterday and saw what I estimated to be 400 birds in all in 4 separate flocks, the smallest 30, the largest about 250, all within a space of about 1 1/2 hrs. All were on the same trajectory, heading south. I was in and out the rest of the day but caught another large flock disappearing over the horizon in early afternoon, too obscured by vegetation for a good look. Sounds like yesterday was flight day for snow geese. I suspect that with more consistent attention I would have seen many more birds than I did.

Tom Leschine