[Tweeters] Re: Barred owl behavior (whitney.n.k@gmail.com)

Stewart Wechsler ecostewart at gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 10:12:04 PDT 2017

I've spent a good amount of time over the last 17 years watching Barred
Owls, and was pleased to once see one cough up a pellet. Though I can't
say I remember just how much what I saw looked like what you videoed, I
seem to remember the head moving more forward than up. Though it is only a
guess, my best guess is that your owl was trying to cough up a pellet, but
didn't succeed on the tries that you witnessed. I will be happy to hear
anyone else's thoughts on this.

As some of you know, I have also lead many owl walks in Seattle, and though
I haven't set up for the public lately, I will always lead for groups, or
individuals on request.

-Stewart Wechsler
www.stewardshipadventures.com
206 932-7225 (currently only land line)