[Tweeters] Correction to Whidbey report on Golden-Plovers [10/9]

Matt Bartels mattxyz at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 10 07:46:54 PDT 2017

Hi all -
After reviewing photos and getting some helpful insight from others, I wanted to send out a note correcting my id on Sunday. Rather than seeing one Pacific and one American Golden-Plover at Crockett Lake, the two birds are both American Golden-Plovers. The one I was calling a Pacific is much brighter yellow than the 'droopy winged' American, but photos show a nice ling wing projection that is definitive for American.

Thanks for the input from all, good learning experience on this side-by-side pair.

Matt Bartels
Seattle, WA