[Tweeters] O.T. RFI: Fish

sremse at comcast.net sremse at comcast.net
Mon Nov 27 06:45:38 PST 2017

My Amphibian/Reptile/Fish Big Year (ARF) is approaching and I'd like help with the following questions:

* Where and when to see Olympic Mudminnow- that would be a lifer.
* Bay Pipefish-haven't seen one in a long time.
* Does anyone have experience at the Bonneville Dam fish viewing area? Their website shows up to date fish counts.It would be great to see a lamprey.
* Which docks in the Puget Sound area are best for fish viewing ( pier peering?)? When and what species?
* Pink Salmon- Is there a river that has an even year (2018 as opposed to 2017 being odd) run of Pinks? I heard a rumor the Snohomish River has a few.

My listing ethics (ABA Big Year rules don't work for other big years)
* Has to be alive and in the wild.
* From a self sustained population or at least as far as I can ascertain. Hatchery ponds are out.
* I won't trespass or harm habitat just to get a look at a species.

Thanks for any help you can give me.
-----Steve Ellis
Coupeville, Wa
sremse at comcast.net