[Tweeters] Skagit birds

Marv Breece marvbreece at q.com
Tue Nov 21 08:58:15 PST 2017

The male PAINTED BUNTING was seen by many yesterday in La Conner. And it IS painted. Worth the trip!

Hayton Preserve was chock full of DUNLIN putting on a show. There was an occasional WESTERN SANDPIPER, LONG-BILLED DOWITCHERS & GREATER YELLOWLEGS. There were at least 3 PEREGRINE FALCONS & a PRAIRIE FALCON. Other raptors included an adult and a juv COOPER'S HAWK, a few WESTERN RED-TAILED HAWKS and a ROUGH-LEGGED HAWK. The usual NORTHERN HARRIERS and BALD EAGLES also. There was a probable dark morph HARLAN'S RED-TAILED HAWK. The adult LIGHT MORPH HARLAN'S RED-TAILED HAWK was there as well. This is the 5th time I have seen this bird at this location since October 10. I have also seen it on Dry Slough Road.

Along Dry Slough Road (Fir Island) there was a large flock of SNOW GEESE that contained at least one adult BLUE GOOSE.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/138163614@N02/

It was a good day.

Marv Breece
Tukwila, WA