[Tweeters] No sightings: Possible sighting of "our" Swallow-tailed Gull in California last month.

John Puschock g_g_allin at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 19 11:21:41 PST 2017

I haven't seen the photos or the original report, but according to a post on the California Rare Birds group on Facebook, a Swallow-tailed Gull was photographed at Bodega Head, Sonoma County, California on October 5. Considering the last sighting of the Swallow-tailed Gull here in Washington was mid-September, it does suggest that, if true, it could be the same bird.

John Puschock

Matthews Beach, Seattle