[Tweeters] Twin Lakes Dipper and Gog-le-hi-te Barack Phoebe

Hans-Joachim Feddern thefedderns at gmail.com
Sat Nov 18 22:26:45 PST 2017

At about 4:30 pm this afternoon, we were walking around Treasure Island
Park, when a dark-grey bird plopped phalarope-like onto the water of Lake
Lorene right in front of us. In the waning light it appeared like a small
alcid, swimming close to shore. Even before it came on shore, I realized
that it was an American Dipper! A first at this location! It continued
be-bobbing down along the water. I have never seen one on a lake before.

Missed the Redpoll at Gog-le-hi-te earlier this afternoon, but did see a
Black Phoebe at the corner of the cross dike at the south pond.

Good Birding!

Hans

--
*Hans Feddern*