[Tweeters] Finches and stuff

Izzy & Kendrick gobirder at gmail.com
Sat Nov 18 13:48:33 PST 2017

Our yard has hosted quite the party for the past week. Two days ago, I counted no less than 22 Am. Goldfinches at the feeders and bath. This morning, several Pine Siskin joined in the frenzy. Good to see them back.

After one of the big storms earlier in the week, within a span of about 10 minutes, I noted in the front yard: Spotted Towhee, Am. Robin, Am. Goldfinch, House Finch, Bewick’s Wren, Golden-crowned Sparrow, Song Sparrow, Dark-eyed Junco, California Scrub-Jay, Black-capped Chickadee, Anna’s Hummingbird, Am. Crow, and N. Flicker. One of the partially leucistic chickadees that was hanging around all last winter appears to have returned. (I assume it’s the same one, as the markings are exactly as I recall.) Also, Kendrick saw a partially leucistic Pine Siskin earlier today.

Considering how the weather can sometimes be discouraging for us winter wimps, it’s fun to get a show without having to venture far.

isadora wong
seattle, wa
gobirder at gmail.com