[Tweeters] New Ebird policy re: "Sensitive Species"

AnnMarie Wood amw.5737 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 17 21:24:21 PST 2017

I share the concerns of Cornell and have become increasingly protective of
vulnerable species. If, however, sightings of sensitive species are
completely suppressed, WA County compilers will have a very difficult time
gathering comprehensive data for the annual reports and County Checklists.

Compilers for our 39 counties submit regular reports to Matt Bartels
throughout the year based in large part on ebird reports. Ken and Lauri
Knittle, aka, WashingtonBirder.com, rely on this data when updating our
State and County lists.

Ann Marie Wood
Island County Compiler