[Tweeters] New E Bird Category- "Sensitve Species"

Keith Carlson kec201814 at cableone.net
Fri Nov 17 07:08:21 PST 2017

I was curious as to why the Gyrfalcon reported on E Bird yesterday did not appear on the Washington Alert List.E Bird has new category, "Sensitive", which is designed to protect vulnerable species.The Gyr is such a species. Please follow the guidelines for "Sensitive Species" in reporting any Gyr sightings. Feel free to contact me for any sighting info, as I tend to try keep track of this wonderful bird in our SE Washington/ North Central Idaho area. I will continue to post any observations on Inland NW birder and Flickr, but will keep locations vague in accordance with the new guidelines Keith E CarlsonLewiston